Connect Local is not working (GREY)

Hi great team.

I have MacBook Air - OS and tried with Safari 11 and Firefox 52.5.3
The Button “Connect Local” is grey and not working…

THX

The “Connect Local” option requires a browse that supports WebBluetooth. I believe this is limited to Chrome on Mac right now.

Connect Local only works with Chrome at the moment, since otherwise we have no way to talk to devices.

I have installed Google Chrome on my iPhone 6. It’s still grey. But i keep on testing

Oh. That won’t work there. You can only use chrome for bluetooth on macOS, Linux, Android, and ChromeOS.

THX. I installed Google Chrome on my MacOS. Then its working. I will continue with sending money. GREAT Job!

Great! Glad it’s working for you now. Feel free to post again if you have any other questions.

In terms of other browser/platforms you’ve mentioned:

• We will hopefully work with any other browser that has WebBluetooth, once that happens (there’s rumblings of it around Firefox, but that will easily take many months to implement). Right now, WebBluetooth is only in Chrome for Mac/Linux/Android/ChromeOS.
  • We hope to someday have an actual iOS app, but that’s still a ways off, and we’re not really sure what all that will support.