Have you ever tried manufacturing your own teledildonics devices

Hi, I’m new to the forum.

Has anyone here entertained the idea of producing their own real-touch pair of male and female devices for market?

I’ve thought about more than once, sure. It’s just a huge amount of work to actually manufacture and ship hardware, and with the current patent situation, would be a rough road for the next year or so. That’s why my projects usually piggyback on other hardware.

I wish there was a guide that takes a person all the way through from idea to prototyping to manufacturing, perhaps we need a teledildonics tradeshow of our own… kinda like a makerfaire for tech and sex positives.

Let’s say I want to build a dick massager… (LOL) Can you recommend a low cost or open source alternative to solidworks to simulate motion of placed gears? My goal is to 3D print a prototype, drive it with a speed controlled motor, then think about having it communicate over the internet. Any advice?

Hmm. Have you checked out Autodesk Fusion 360 yet? I know a lot of people are going for that these days.

Have you taken a look at Onshape?

Here’s an example: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0aa949877e134575bf971910/w/f5c88b0120db4f079f6ff0a8/e/51159a3807034bf9b8735544

It’s a model of a monkey rocker, the base is anchored in the assembly, and the rest of the parts are kept in alignment by the appropriate rules so that that if you drag the seat backwards or forwards, the actuators move appropriately.

I have not. That looks pretty cool. Does it also do simulation, for example driving gears with a motor?

I’m pretty sure I saw an animation option in the assembly mode. If applied to a part that would affect other parts due to the relations, I think you could simulate actions.

When I was playing with that there was no obvious collision detection (including detection of one part moving beyond the bounds of the part it’s in relation to). So if you had a linear bearing on a rail, the relation between them would be in effect even after the bearing has been moved through the endstop and off the end of the rail.

That said, it’s still being actively developed (I think it’s run by one of the solidworks founders?) And there’s been a number of improvements since I last played. It looks like you can script in any features it’s lacking now too.