HELP! Linux install and general Info

I am lost. I downloaded the tar file, buttplug-csharp-0.2.3 and I unzipped it via the terminal successfully. Now what? I don’t recall how to install it, though I do see an installer.iss file. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to install this on Linux? Buttplug supports Linux now, but I don’t see any special install instructions anywhere. Help?

p.s. I already enabled experimental web platforms in chrome and I am using the recommended Linux friendly ‘Pluggable’ usb adapter. Bluetooth services are running on my PC and I went through the tutorial where I send a few test buzzes to my device. It all works, but I am not sure how to install.

There isn’t really an install on linux. Our linux support is currently only through the browser, so you’ve already found what you can do there, via our JS library. Webapps work through Chrome on linux but that’s about it. The Buttplug-C# repo, while .Net Core compatible, doesn’t have any device support on any platform but Windows, so there’s not much you can do with that.

Ok, cool. I was able to get the tutorial on buttplug.io to work. It buzzes my Lovense device, but I’m still confused as to how I use this at work. I’m a cam model and I’m used to using Lovense through the Lovense chrome browser extension. It connects with the chat room, posts a menu, and reacts to tips.

I guess I’m asking how buttplug.io works in this case. How do I use buttplug.io as a substitute for the Lovense Connect App, or is that not really something it can be used for?

Sorry for my ignorance. :slight_smile: Thnx.

Ah, ok. I think I need to write a FAQ about this for the website or something, as this is a question I get a lot. :slight_smile:

Buttplug might be a part of what you’re looking for, but it’s not exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a library that makes it easier for developers to write applications that can access sex toys. That said, it’s not really supposed to be an application itself (and the fact that I named programs things like Buttplug Server and what not makes that extra confusing :expressionless: ).

Buttplug doesn’t really have any capabilities to do teledildonics (sex toy remote control with a nice UI and all that) at the moment. For now, that’s something that another developer would write on top of the Buttplug library. I personally also want to write something like that, but I’m so busy maintaining the library that I have no idea when I’d have time to do so.

So, to summarize, Buttplug would make it possible for someone to write something similar to what the Lovense app does, but it doesn’t actually do that work itself. Hope that makes sense.

Gotcha, ok. Yeah, I was starting to think this might not be quite comparible to the Lovense app that works with the site and my room. Damn. Well, thank you for explaining! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I certainly hope that one day something will exist that will work for that. Today just isn’t that day. :slight_smile: