Protogasm to control vibrator

I’m in the process of building a Protogasm and am planning to forgo the vibrator portion of the build to utilize something I can control via buttplug.io. I’ve come across several posts of people doing this, but I’m hoping to confirm what exactly is needed to do this. Can I edit the stock protogasm code without causing issues with buttplug.io? Is it as simple as hooking up the Protogasm via USB and connecting a vibrator via Bluetooth and being good to go, or is there specific programming that will need to be done on the back end?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes this is doable. I’ve been working on exactly this: https://github.com/blackspherefollower/NogasmChart

So long as the pressures/vibration output format is the same, this should just work.

I’m still working on the UI for output via buttplug, but right now it’ll route the nogasm/protogasm vibration to any vibrator or rotator that Intiface discovers.

All feedback welcome.

Great, I haven’t changed any of the pressure/vibration formats. I made a tweak to the delay time and looked to output the number of edges and when they occured, similar to what you’re trying to achieve with a little less data. For example my changes should show “Edge No. 2 - 600 seconds”. At the end I should have a list of each time an edge occured, the total number of edges, and how far apart they were in seconds.

My thought was the motor output is going to be relatively consistent, and so is the average pressure. Getting a graphic output of the pressure reading over time is an interesting concept but for the amount of data it would be outputting I didn’t feel it would be worth it. In your sample image why is the average pressure so much less than the current pressure readings?

The screenshot needs updating… I had the motor and average pressure values round the wrong way. The sample is only from 30 seconds too, so the average only really catches up at the end.

My aim is to support a few other input devices; not all with their own orgasm prediction algorithms. I’m trying to abstract the input, orgasm prediction algorithm and output into 3 layers that can all be swapped out. For example, I’ve heard positive things about orgasm prediction using the relative amplitudes of clenches (filtering out voluntary ones); that technique can be used with EMG sensors or pressure sensors.