Start intiface Server Error

Intiface Desktop Version: 15.0.0
Intiface Engine Version: 0.4.7.0
Device Config File Version: 15
I had it working, and now I’ve just updated something, and now have this error:

{ “reason”: “Command failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntifaceCLI\IntifaceCLI.exe --frontendpipe --stayopen --ipcserver --ipcpipe ButtplugPort --wsinsecureport 12345 --wssecureport 12346 --wscertfile C:\Users\qwksi\AppData\Local\Intiface\cert.pem --wsprivfile C:\Users\qwksi\AppData\Local\Intiface\privkey.pem --log Info\n\nUnhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Google.Protobuf, Version=3.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d26565bac4d604’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)\r\n at IntifaceCLI.ServerCLI.RunServer(Options aOptions)\r\n at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult1 result, Action1 action)\r\n at IntifaceCLI.Program.Main(String[] args)\n” }

Hmm. It seems like the CLI engine is sometimes getting corrupted during update. Not sure why, but you’re not the only one with this problem: https://github.com/intiface/intiface-cli-csharp/issues/9

To fix this:

After that, it should work again.

uninstall/reinstall didn’t fix.
manually deleted initfacecli, and installed from link above, problem fixed.

Thanks for letting me know, glad you got it fixed.

That said, having to manually uninstall is bad, sounds like my uninstaller might be broken. I’ll see what I can figure out about getting this fixed in the future 'cause manually clearing the files is definitely not an option I can recommend to everyone.