Survey: Which devices and operating systems would you like to see supported?

It’d be nice just to have a good way to get the raw sensor data, even if the client has to handle interpretation.

And actually I’ve already gotten that working with the Lovense Nora, but to do it properly is going to take some new messages. I’ve got some ideas on how those should be set up, but I’m not sure of the best place to go with it…

Thanks for your interest in the project, and for the patch you just put in on the C# side!

I’ve been thinking about how this should work, but the process I’ve been poking at is probably too formal for where we are as a project right now.

I think the best way to address this at the moment is:

Hmm. Separating a couple of them out will be tricky since what they contain is pretty strongly connected, but I’ll see what I can come up with.

Well, if it’s easier to submit them together than you can just do it that way. It’s a new process (that I’m creating in my head while writing these replies >.> ) so I’m open to experimentation. :slight_smile:

Is “doing other stuff with the Crescendo” something that’s been reversed but doesn’t have documentation posted, or does it still need reversing? There’s some things I’m interested in there (once I finally got the thing to sync with my phone), but I don’t want to duplicate effort here.

The Crescendo is reversed already and there’s been support in buttplug-csharp since May 2018. But yeah, the documentation for the protocol hasn’t been written yet. Code is here:

Just a note that, if you’re wanting to write your own non-buttplug code for the Crescendo, it’s a little weird. The way I got manual control working was to shift it into “manual” mode, but you have to send an update message every ~80-90ms, otherwise it’ll stop working. That’s why our code is structured the way it is, we have a task constantly sending updates while any motor’s speed is > 0.

As for Buttplug access, the Crescendo supports the VibrateCmd message with up to 6 speed commands, so you can set speeds per-motor.

Yeah, I’ve seen that stuff. It’s the pattern stuff that I’m presently interested in.

Ah, yeah, I didn’t really get into that much. I… vaguely have an idea of how to trigger patterns that are already on the device, but something like assembling patterns on the fly and sending them to the device is far beyond where I’ve gotten.

I know from your cute excited face on YouTube that you got the UFO, and the protocol is on STPIHKAL, but before I go splurging the cash on one to tinker with is it working with buttplug already or am I going to be learning some new skills?

I mean, I couldn’t possibly have fun using it the way it’s meant to work, right?

The support is in the code, both C# and JS. I just need to release new packages with those updates, which should happen soon anyways.

Fab. I’ll add it to my list of things to get and tinker with :slight_smile:

Good luck finding one if you’re not going to Japan soon. :slight_smile:

I think I’ve seen it in stock at a couple reputable importers, but I’m kind of iffy on the thing myself. I’ve got an R1 UFO, and it… well, I’m not sure “too rough” is the right term, but it just didn’t do it for me. (Or maybe I just wasn’t using enough lube… but then keeping the thing on might start to become a problem.)

Also it doesn’t look like the sides are independently controllable, which is a problem for me.

I wasn’t lying in the UFO review video, I literally had to shave my nipples to use the SA and even then had to make sure the nubs were super lubed up, and well as lubing my chest. Once I’ve got all that done, then it’s mostly a problem of sensitivity. I know lots of people say the Cyclone is too much for them (works great for me), but the UFO has that problem for me.

And you’re right, the sides are not independently controllable as far as I’m aware. Same signal goes to both. Which kinda sucks.

Still an interesting toy at least. Worth adding to a collection/play room if you want something novel (which I did for making the video).

I found a source for them in Germany and a friend who runs an SM Club in Tokyo. Nothing can stop me! Mwhahaha

And it being a bit intense is part of the fun and suits a number of the ladies likely to want to play with me.

I’m not sure I thought it felt bad even, just… somehow obnoxious? I don’t know. It’s been a while and it’s hard to describe to begin with.

Well, maybe I’ll try it again sometime with more lube. But without independent control, I don’t see the fancy remote-control version being worth my while.