Youcups Warrior 2 issue: WriteValue using txChar called with no txChar available

Hello :smiley: please excuse my english (Im spanish) and also I am a complete noob about all this things here :sweat_smile: I have tested buttplug with my xbox one-S wireless bluetooth gamepad and it worked great in the windows app, in the playground testing web and in script-player with videos and scripts, even with whirligig VR player! It all played well (synced scripts with the videos, everything)! Then I read the list of supported devices and bought the Youcups Warrior 2 since it is a cheap device for testing to see if I could get it to work too. The toy seems to work correctly for its original intent/connectivity. After some trouble connecting the device I managed to get it recognized by playground and the Buttplug server desktop app, the name of the device appearing correctly in these two platform and as connected. However the toy did not receive the synced vibrations, the same ones I tested with the gamepad so that might not be the problem. I checked the logs in buttplug server and everytime a vibrattion activation order/pattern is sent this message spams:

"|ERROR|UWPBluetoothDeviceInterface|WriteValue using txChar called with no txChar available"

This didn´t happen with the xbox gamepad so I am confused as what I should do :sweat: I hope this is just a small easy problem to solve:sweat_smile: do you know what should I do? do you need any more information to check the problem? Thank you in advance for your help and for all these incredible haptics investigations, it is amazing :exploding_head::star_struck: !

That’s a problem on our end. There’s an issue with the Buttplug Server not looking for the correct device possibly. I’ll file a bug to take a look at this, and I was already planning on releasing a new version of the server soon (in the next week or two), so hopefully it’ll be fixed then. :slight_smile:

Thanks qdot :partying_face: ( btw super fast reply wow :open_mouth: ) I thought I was messing something :rofl: Ok I´ll keep an eye on the new release and as soon as I test it I give you feedback to check the issue:+1::beers:

Small edit in case it helps :bulb: : I forgot to mention this, when “succesfully” connected to buttplug/playground/scriptplayer, the device vibrates as in a standar-flat-linear vibration I dont know how to explain it, for example like a “default vibration mode”.

I think this got fixed in 0.4.5 or 0.4.6 of Buttplug C#, which was released a couple of weeks ago.

thanks qdot! this is the release page of that version right?

or this one?

from the first link, since its source code, how do I add it to the windows suite instalation?
If its with the package from the second link, I downloaded it but how do I use it? I´ll try to figure it out, but if you could explain it or post a text with existing instructions, that would be good enough. Again, thank you very much :D!

You’re probably looking for https://github.com/intiface/intiface-desktop/releases/tag/v14.0.0 (this succeeded the C# based suite)

Hello blackspherefollower, I dont know I think not…
I´ve being testing/trying to understand how this works since I started to try this set of programs with no problem up untill that specific problem with Youcups warrior II. The way the windows suite works with scriptplayer websockets etc, worked well with the xbox controller, the problem is just the one I mentioned at the beginning of the thread and from what I understand that specific problem has been solved by Qdot to use with what I was using before. I just dont understand how to put/integrate the nuget packages into what I had installed. I understand intiface is supposed to be the user friendly program, but in this case this aproach deviates from my question and problem to another program wich complicates even further the fix for me and of wich the tutorials do not aim to use it for the guided/intended normal purposes.

I am very sorry really…
I am not very tech savy, I dont mean to be unpolite. I am just trying to get that nuget packages working with what I already used. I just need to understand how to integrate that update to what I already used

No, @blackspherefollower was correct. Intiface Desktop is the new version of the Buttplug Server, I just havne’t had a chance to shift everything to the new site yet. https://github.com/intiface/intiface-desktop/releases/tag/v14.0.0 is the link you want, download the installer from there and use that as you would the old Buttplug Server.

The Nuget packages are only for developers making their own applications with Buttplug.

oh ok I will try that :wink: Ill get to you when I get any result here or on discord thank you!